Mon, Apr 11|
Nomad Pizza in Hopewell NJ
Learn How to Bake 100% Sourdough Bread!
Learn how to bake SOURDOUGH at Nomad Pizza in Hopewell. My goal is to empower you, using simple methods and great, local ingredients!
Time & Location
Apr 11, 2022, 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM EDT
Nomad Pizza in Hopewell NJ, 10 E Broad St, Hopewell, NJ 08525, USA
About the event
SOURLAND BREAD is here and ready to empower you to bake! I have been teaching this basic beginner sourdough class for over 7 years now, to over 1,600 wonderful people, and I am happy to report that I have brought it to the East Coast and it is IN-PERSON. We will also have both the farmer AND the miller, Scott Morgan of Morganics Family Farm there to explain the farming and milling process, and the importance of connecting to our Local Grain Economy.
Please join us for a BREAD BAKING class at Nomad Pizza in Hopewell, NJ. You will have a hands-on opportunity to get elbow deep in dough -- from dry flour to baked loaf. It will be really fun, messy (in a good way), and super educational all at once!
Sign up early! We only have twelve spots available and these classes tend to fill up quickly. Feel free to email me to get on the wait list if the class is already full. Please read full details below to find out what you need to bring.
In this class you will learn the basics. It is geared towards beginner bread bakers, but can also help those who have had some experience.
What will I learn?
- A step by step tutorial of how to mix whole grain dough (Why use whole grains and why local? What's the big deal with whole grains anyway?).
- What is sourdough and how can I make my own starter (and keep it alive!)?
- Learn how to shape, fold, and proof your loaf of bread (we will get sticky and messy, and that's ok!).
- How can I bake a great loaf of bread in just my home oven (don't I need a ton of time and something fancy?)?
- Learn the nutritional aspects of making bread at home with whole grains and why it is so important -- they are full of vitamins and minerals. And baking sourdough with whole grains won't make you gain weight. When they are given the right time to ferment, they can actually help you lose weight and are not inflammatory. Learn how this sourdough bread is "gluten friendly" too!
What do I leave with?
- Each attendee will leave with their own freshly milled and local whole grain flour ($10 value), and their own dough that they mixed in class to bake at home.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Please bring a glass or metal mixing bowl to mix your dough in and a kitchen towel to transport your dough home with you. You can bring an apron if you wish, but it is not required. We supply all other props and tools needed to participate.
- Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event? Kids 9 and up and welcome to join, as long as they and an adult purchase a ticket with them.
- What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event? Hopewell has plenty of street parking. They also have their own lot. Get there a few minutes early if you can just in case finding a spot is tough that day.
- Is this event Covid-Safe? This is an outdoor event primarily , but since it is getting colder we likely will move inside for most of the class, so please bring a mask. Nomad has big open doors and windows, so it is not an enclosed space.
- How can I contact the organizer with any questions? Please email us: email@example.com, follow us @sourland_bread, or visit our website: www.sourlandbread.com.
Refreshments, fresh bread from Nomad's Wood Fire Oven, and local cheese from Cherry Grove Farm will be served after the class.
HOORAY! Looking forward to breaking bread with you!
Mary Parr, founder of Sourland Bread
- Class begins promptly. Please arrive a few minutes early to find parking.
- No refunds on or after April 4th.
4/11/22 Sourdough Bread Ticket$80.00+$2.00 service feeSold Out
This event is sold out